Take care of your external storage and network devices when connecting them to your Mac with iBoysoft Drive Manager. If you are one of those people who get worried about their external drives disconnecting properly from their Mac (if you don’t, the data can become corrupt!) or a little bit new to computers and need some hand holding, then iBoysoft Drive Manager for Mac is a user friendly and reliable tool. Users are entitled to 7 day trial with full feature functionality so you can make up your mind if it suits your needs. Features
- Manage your external and/or network drives from the menu bar.
- Eject and unmount drives without the need of physically removing the connector from your mac.
- Mount/unmount all external drives in one click.
- Connect/disconnect all network drives in one click.
- Configure automatic ejection and remount of drives dependent on the status of the computer.
- Configure auto notifications of the status of your drives i.e. unplugged safely, mounted.
- Mount NTFS drive as a regular drive in read-only mode.
- Map a file share (FTP, SFTP) server storage as a local disk in the Finder, open remote files with any application and work like on a local volume.
- Supported storage devices – External hard drive, USB flash drive, SD card, CF card, MicroSD, SDHC, memory card, memory stick, micro card.
- Supported Mac Operating Systems – MacOS X 10.7 (Lion), 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.9 (Maverick), 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.11 (El Capitan) and Mac OS 10.12 (Sierra) and 10.13 (High Sierra). Note: If you are unsure of what version is your Mac OS, you need to click on the apple icon on top left hand side of your Mac desktop and select About this Mac from the drop down.
Test Run After quickly downloading and installing the application, it shows up on our desktop on the top task bar what types of drives it can detect and which are mounted or not. We want to mount our ‘No Name’ external drive (SD Card) so we click on the relevant drive icon to mount the drive (you can tell with the down cursor icon appearing). Now the drive is mounted and its contents instantly comes up in a finder window.In the Preferences section, we can directly uncheck or check the actions we want performed in certain scenarios on our network and/or external drives i.e. computer goes to sleep therefore external drives are unmounted. Neat!Support The developers are not too shabby with their level of customer service with the Support section of their website packed with user guides, FAQs, online help and information on how to contact support for direct assistance. Their customer support team are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Final Thoughts We found this an easy peasy software to configure and use. We particularly liked the preferences section where we can setup how we want our relevant drives to be mounted dependent on the status of the computer. A nice way of alleviating administrative overhead for the user. Furthermore, being able to mount/connect or unmount/disconnect all drives in one mouse click is perfect. Bearing in mind that the lifetime license is only a mere US $10 more than the one year license, we think it is certainly good value for money. Furthermore, if you are an academic, non-profit or government user then you get a further 20% off.